Saturday, July 8, 2017

Happy Birthday to me! - Part 1

July 4, 2017

We were able to drive to Guilford, CT on Saturday and see Laurie and Kay! They were down from Nova Scotia to see Kay's family. I wish, wish, wish I had taken pictures of Kay's wonderful family, Jan, Joe, Matthew, Richard, and Christine. Kay and Laurie were great tour guides and I fell in love with Kay's CT.  We ate New England clam chowder, baked cod called scrod, orecchiette lobster,
and in a word, excellent! 

Kay and Laurie


This is Kay's childhood front yard. Ahhh.




Guilford is a beautiful town with a village green surrounded by several churches,
town hall, library, and war memorials. Many New England towns have a village green.

My only picture of Stout.  What a sweetheart.



Took a little boat ride with Jan and Joe, two boats. Jan is at the helm.
Ferry ride around the Thimble Islands.  Amazing what folks build on them.