Saturday, July 8, 2017

Happy Birthday to me!

July 4, 2017

We were able to drive to Guilford, CT on Saturday and see Laurie and Kay! They were down from Nova Scotia to see Kay's family. I wish, wish, wish I had taken pictures of Kay's wonderful family, Jan, Joe, Matthew, Richard, and Christine. Kay and Laurie were great tour guides and I fell in love with Kay's CT.  We ate New England clam chowder, baked cod called scrod, orecchiette lobster,
and in a word, excellent! 

Kay and Laurie


This is Kay's childhood front yard. Ahhh.




Guilford is a beautiful town with a village green surrounded by several churches,
town hall, library, and war memorials. Many New England towns have a village green.

My only picture of Stout.  What a sweetheart.



Took a little boat ride with Jan and Joe, two boats. Jan is at the helm.
Ferry ride around the Thimble Islands.  Amazing what folks build on them.